The South Ormsby Estate are looking for a General Farm Worker to join their team.
Location: South Ormsby, Lincolnshire
Salary: Competitive Base Salary
General Farm Worker - Us:
The village of South Ormsby is an estate of c3000 acres nestled within the Lincolnshire Wolds and is an area of outstanding natural beauty, rich in wildlife. The custodians of the South Ormsby Estate are restoring the heritage of the estate and rejuvenating the local economy. Building upon a historic past and using the latest technology their vision is to create the best place to invest, work, live, play and retire to.
At South Ormsby Estate we have a pedigree herd of 400+ Original Population Lincoln Red cows, which are on the Rare Breeds Survival Trusts vulnerable list, with only 400 cows in the UK. We are undergoing organic conversion, accredited Pasture for Life and very biodiversity conscious.
General Farm Worker - The Role:
We are seeking a candidate with grassland and grass production knowledge along with cattle handling skills. Our General Farm Worker will work with our farm management team in stewarding the farm landscape, both cultivated and wild, to promote our dual-purpose Beef and Dairy Herd.
General Farm Worker - Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee soil building strategies; Keyline ploughing; irrigation systems; pasture seeding; related infrastructure oversight; etc
- Oversee daily movement of animals/fencing
- Coordinate with farm management team; produce work reports; etc
- Feed and diagnose potential disease and injury of the livestock, ensuring that cattle remain healthy
- Growing the herd in-line with demand
- Rotation of grazing system with electric fencing
General Farm Worker - Skills & Experience required:
- Passion for working with animals in ecological pasture management and regenerative agriculture, with interest in sharing work with wider farm team and community
- Knowledge, experience of rotational grazing systems using electric fences
- Experience of working on a milk unit
- In-depth understanding of cattle with a focus on cow health, welfare and production
- Knowledge of breeding of pedigree cattle
- Passion for soil heath and soil testing
- Experience with farm machinery and equipment, plus driving truck, tractor, trailer
- Effective time management skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and problem solve
- Enthusiastic to learn new skills and training
- Shows attention to detail in all aspects of their work and a commitment to excellence in all areas
- Genuine love of animals
- Must always be clean and well-presented
General Farm Worker - Benefits:
- Subsidised accommodation
- Phone calls paid
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a background in farming with livestock experience and genuine love of animals.
To submit your CV for the role of General Farm Worker please click 'Apply' now